Diploma of Ministry
Complete a Diploma in 12 months
We currently offer six face-to-face Study Options and two Intensives at Newlife College. If you would like to complete a Diploma in 12 months, other units can be taken as distance learning subjects completing the 8 units required for the Diploma in Ministry.
The Diploma of Ministry course provides a foundational knowledge and skills at introductory level in the disciplines which comprise the professional field of ministry studies: Biblical Studies; Christian Education & Discipleship; Leadership; and Missiology.
Students who complete the Diploma of Ministry will gain one year of credit towards a Bachelor of Ministry.
Graduates of the Diploma of Ministry will have:
- developed foundational skills in the core areas of ministry practice
- the ability to apply skills in ministry contexts, including employed and voluntary roles
- developed the ability to access, comprehend and evaluate information across the disciplines of ministry practice
- developed interpersonal and teamwork skills applicable to a range of ministry practice contexts
- begun to develop skills which foster self-directed lifelong learning
- have developed at least one area of specialisation within the disciplines of ministry practice, and the ability to apply that knowledge to ministry contexts
- be responsible and accountable for their exercise of ministry practice
- have foundational skills in leadership in the context of ministry practice
Bachelor of Ministry
Take your ministry practice to the next level
Newlife College offers six face-to-face study options and two intensives at Newlife College towards a Bachelor of Ministry.
The Bachelor of Ministry equips Christian leaders to be competent in establishing, developing, transforming and growing healthy communities and networks.
The course provides opportunity to people who are interested in the study of Christian ministry in contemporary society, whether this leads to a Christian ministry role or to personal enrichment and leadership development for other fields of endeavour. It is open to people of any, or no, denominational background.
The Bachelor of Ministry is designed to provide a strong foundation across the full range of theological disciplines that underpin contemporary ministry leadership – biblical studies, Christian education and discipleship, Christian leadership and missiology – with the ability to specialise in two of these areas (major studies).
Graduates of the Bachelor of Ministry will have:
- be able to initiate, plan, problem solve and implement decisions in a leadership role in a range of ministry contexts
- have the appropriate knowledge and skills to make independent judgements in a range of leadership contexts
- be able to identify and apply innovative approaches and solutions to issues arising in ministry practice
- understand the dynamics of healthy interpersonal relationships, and be able to generate appropriate trust have skills and capacities to be a reflective practitioner.