Newlife College is a ministry of Newlife Church on the Gold Coast, providing theological education for those looking to study ministry and biblical theology – as a pathway to part time or full time ministry or for personal growth and development.
We provide a variety of study options and topics in undergraduate and postgraduate courses through our relationships with Adelaide College of Divinity and Uniting College for Leadership & Theology (a constituent member college of the Adelaide College of Divinity).
We hope you will be inspired to engage in a deeper knowledge and understanding of scripture, theology and ministry – expanding the way you connect with God and with others in your work, friendships and life.
Ps. Brenden Burgess
Principal – Newlife College
The Christian Leadership unit is designed to assist in the formation of effective leaders for a healthy, missional church. Students will explore strategic planning, putting plans into action, and methods of evaluation. Topics may include acquiring, developing and articulating vision; the art of strategy: goals, systems and strategic thinking; effective execution: decision-making, tactics and programming; resourcing ministry; decision-making; programs and tactics; establishing evaluation systems.
This course is designed for leadership in your workplace. During these four days, you will explore contemporary leadership models and discuss the role of the leader as a strategist, innovator, communicator, and more.
We have an expert faculty of lecturers including:
- Craig Bailey – Director of Leadership at UCLT
- Dr. Daniel Pampuch – CEO Christian Schools Australia
- Dr. Ruth Knight – Research Fellow QUT Australian Centre of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies
- Plus other leaders from various industries who will be sharing throughout the week
- Articulate a personal philosophy of leadership and management in dialogue with Christian theological understandings and perspectives. Compare and contrast the various approaches presented in class.
- Evaluate critically a range of approaches to leadership, comparing concepts and styles.
- Identify the role of a Christian leader in relation to strategic planning including vision, goals, programming and evaluation.
- Articulate the value and contribution that systems theory can make to a Christian organisation.
- Reflect on the nature of decision-making, particularly in relation to the leader’s style and personality as well as the use of power and authority.
If you want to increase your leadership skills and knowledge, you can enrol as an audit student, which means you can attend all sessions without completing assessments for only $300.
Alternatively, if you already have a degree and are a professional who aspires to a higher leadership position in your industry, you can complete this course as part of a formal post-graduate professional leadership development program.
Hear from our recently graduated students
Newlife College was a dream planted in the hearts of our leadership over 8 years ago to develop missional leaders for a missional church. We can’t wait for the 1000’s of stories from graduating students in the years to come!